Sunday, April 27, 2025

Sandhill Cranes Migrating Over My Home in Berthoud Colorado

 Being next to the foothills has it perks. One aspect is seeing the Bald and the Golden Eagles sitting at the top of the hill near my home. Every couple of years the Sandhill Cranes will fly over my house during their fall migration. The slideshow below show three different years and you can see the differences in the weather and cloud cover. The pictures that are silhouettes are from a cloud day with the crane flying by at some distance to the west. Then one year they flew directly over my house and what was interesting is then when I was going through the photos I found a p.icture of a bald eagle that had been stalking them. Back in the fall of 2023, I heard the Cranes coming so I ran out with my tripod and got some good close up pictures as the flew by.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Browns Lake Trailhead

 Browns Lake Trailhead and Crown Point are in a gorgeous area near the Powder Canyon and Pennock Pass. It was another area affected by the C...