The first quarter of 2025 I have been busy taking pictures which shouldn't surprise anyone. I have recently been very interested in taking pictures of the moon especially as it sets. This one was just taken today (March 15, 2025) and I rushed out with bare feet and still being in may PJs, but I still got the shot even though my feet were really cold.

As usual I have some new Eagle photos. This next photo is a young bald eagle, and you can tell by the mix of whit and black feathers on his head. They don't get their full white head until they are about 5 years old.
These two Bald Eagles were sitting on these posts on a very windy day. The kept their faces directed into the wind and moved around a lot. I wondered if the movement or fidgeting was them trying to stay warm.
This Eagle I have named freckles. In a higher resolution photo I have on my camera, you can see he has black freckles mixed in with his bald head. I've seen him a few times.
\The next moon photos were taken at different times of day. The first was taken during a sunrise I happened to catch with a wide angle lens. This allowed me to get some better details from the moon since the wide angle kept the tone of the moon down a bit allowing you to see some additional detail. The second is a moon set when the moon was just a sliver. You can see the entire moon easily though because of the remaining light from the sun and the ISO setting on the camera.

This last photo is a close up of a Golden Eagle. I've been trying to get a shot of a Golden Eagle sitting still for a long time. Unlike the Bald Eagles, Golden Eagles are much more aloof and tend to not tolerate my presence very well. Even thought I have a giant zoom lens on my camera, I still need to approach a little bit in order to get a high res picture that give some detail. On this day I think he was too busy looking for his next email and allowed me to approach a bit closer. The colors on the Golden Eagles are hard for the camera to focus on so I had to adjust the camera manually and very slowly as to not scare it away.
No comments:
Post a Comment