Sunday, January 12, 2025

Coyotes: How 50 MegaPixels and a Sigma Zoom Lens Make a Difference

 Living up against the foothills in Colorado is almost like being in a constant Mutual of Omaha episode, and I keep my cameras constantly at the ready. My upgrading from a Canon 60D to a Canon 5DS-R with 50 megapixels and a Sigma 150 to 600 mm lens really allows me to get better shots. 

In this article, I shot a picture of some coyotes I saw moving in brush about 1000 feet away from my house. Here is the original photo:



I put a circle around the coyotes to make it easier for you to see them in the original photo. The 5DS-R is 50 megapixel and it gives me a lot of flexibility to zoom in digitally with a crop. Here is the final photo:


So yes you can be a great photographer with a lower resolution camera and a 100-300mm lens, but your job is much harder since you need to be closer.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Browns Lake Trailhead

 Browns Lake Trailhead and Crown Point are in a gorgeous area near the Powder Canyon and Pennock Pass. It was another area affected by the C...